Podcasts can be a rich source of information for everything from DIY projects to motivational coaching and discussions of cult favorites to daily world news. There are so many out there, and it can be hard to narrow down which are worth your time. That’s why I’ve curated a list of top-rated podcasts, as well as some of my personal favorites, that can provide financial advisors with insight into running a business, tips on how other advisors navigate the financial advisory space, and advice on approaching clients with technical or hard to understand topics.
The Retirement Answer Man with Roger Whitney
- Have you ever presented something to a client only to be met with awkward silence and a glazed-over look? The Retirement Answer Man Show was born out of years of experience, a deep need to help people, and creative restlessness. In every episode, Roger takes difficult or hard to communicate financial conversations, concepts, and strategies and makes them more approachable, often with a touch of humor.
Financial Advisor Success with Michael Kitces
- Michael brings you real success stories and insights from the most successful financial advisors and leading industry consultants about how to take your advisory business to the next level. Get a glimpse of what it’s like behind the scenes building a successful advisory business and how entrepreneurial advisors navigate the inevitable highs and lows of growing a firm. Whether you’re a new financial advisor trying to get started on the right foot or an experienced advisor who’s hit a wall, Michael gives you the insights and inspiration you need to break through and reach the level of success you want to achieve.
The Elite Advisor Blueprint with Brad Johnson
- Brad is dedicated to sharing the "blueprint for success" in the independent financial advising world. Based on his decade of experience consulting the top advisors in the US, that could mean doubling your revenue, doubling your vacation, or both! Continuing the successful formula of idea sharing that led Advisors Excel to be the #1 player in its industry, he distills the best advice from top thought leaders and applies it to the world of independent financial advising. He interviews with top thought leaders and industry experts, providing diversity in his content.
Becoming Referable with Stephen Wershing
- Becoming Referable is a bi-weekly podcast that will help you increase referrals. Each episode focuses on actionable ideas that you can use in your business right away. Your hosts are referral and client engagement experts, Stephen Wershing and Julie Littlechild, and, along with their guests, they’ll share current research, evidence-based strategies, and insights from experts from within financial services and beyond.
The Human Advisor with Various Hosts
- This podcast goes beyond what it takes to run a business and brings a more client-centered conversation to the table. By hosting advisors with various backgrounds, the show revolves around changing the conversation from how big a financial advisor’s book of business is to how well do they take care of their clients and actually help people.
The Experiments in Advisor Marketing with Taylor Schulte
- Taylor Schulte explores the world of marketing in the financial planning industry. He experiments with different ideas, shares his successes and failures, and interviews outside-the-box experts. He covers everything from spending tens of thousands of dollars on print ads to hiring a Harvard data nerd to run Facebook campaigns, and he admits that most of his marketing experiments have failed and he shares so you can learn from his mistakes on what works and what doesn’t.